Indiana Association of REALTORS®
Sponsored by Ruoff Mortgage
Mission and Purpose | Award | Honoree | Criteria | Deadline | Rules
Mission and Purpose
The Indiana Association of REALTORS® Good Neighbor Award recognizes REALTOR® members who make a positive impact on their community and gifts the organization through which they volunteer time and talents. This annual award seeks to highlight, inspire, and perpetuate the individual contributions within the real estate industry toward improving the livability of Hoosier cities and towns, as well as financially support the non-profits that exist to do the same.
A $5,000 one-time award to the 501(c)(3) non-profit with which the Indiana REALTOR® Good Neighbor is involved.
- Nominees must be members in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®, the Indiana Association of REALTORS®, and have primary membership with a local Indiana board or association of REALTORS®.
- Nominees must be active practitioners as certified by their Managing Broker.
- Nominees will be judged on level of personal contribution, especially volunteer (unpaid) hours, though contributions of money and other resources will be considered as well.
- Some portion of the nominee’s work must have taken place within the 12 months prior to the nomination deadline, which is July 1.
- This award is intended to recognize individuals, not associations or companies. If an individual within your association or company can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible. If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or co-founders of an organization) cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
Applications open June 1, 2023
Applications due by 6pm ET July 1, 2023
Recipients will be announced at the annual Indiana REALTOR® Stakeholder Meeting in September.
- REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another REALTOR®, a state or local association executive, or the organization they serve.
- Indiana Association of REALTORS® staff and their families, current IAR Recognition Committee members and their families, and current sponsors/sponsor employees and their families are ineligible to participate.
- Award finalists must sign an affidavit of eligibility, submit to a criminal history check, and be willing to be interviewed, photographed, filmed, and nominated for the National Association of REALTORS® Good Neighbor Award.
- Award monies will only be granted to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations deemed by the Indiana Association of REALTORS® Recognition Committee members to benefit the livability of Hoosier cities and towns.
- Indiana Association of REALTORS® staff and IAR Recognition Committee members will not accept lobbying efforts on behalf of nominees.
Mission and Purpose | Award | Criteria | Deadline | Rules