Love Real Estate?
The Indiana Association of REALTORS® is looking for candidates to serve on the recently restructured board of directors. In the spring of 2021, board members approved a bold governance reform plan intended to help IAR keep up with the rapid pace of change in the real estate industry. Among the changes are:
- A significant reduction in board size to enhance effectiveness
- A streamlined selection process focused on industry experience and leadership potential
In sum, we want members steeped in the business – those who have made real estate a career, have deep leadership experience, and are highly regarded by peers for their integrity and commitment to the Code of Ethics. Most importantly, we want members who can think and act broadly on behalf of the entire industry. That is because, at IAR, we serve 19,000+ across the state regardless of specialty, location, company, or local association.
The board of directors is an oversight and strategic planning body. Your job will be to dream big while ensuring IAR is a good steward of dues dollars and other assets. In return, you will connect with interesting, influential people, stretch your emotional and intellectual muscles, and acquire skills helpful to your own business and other non-profit organizations you love.
Got time? Willing to share your experience? Ready to make a positive impact on your industry and keep your state association working for members? Download the candidate informational booklet above.
Ready to Lead?
Below you will find the election process:
|March 15||Eligibility reported for open seats|
|April 1||Statewide firms receive notice of eligible seats|
|June 1||At-Large Applications open - one open seat for Region 4 from 1/1/2023 to 12/31/2024|
|July 1||At-Large Applications Close|
|On/Before August 1||Leadership Identification Committee reports slate to Board of Directors|
|August 10||Non-slated candidates must submit an application|
|On/Before Sept. 1||State association conducts an election|
|Before Sept. 15||NAR Directors appointed by policy, including Local Association|
|On/Before Sept. 15||Winners Announced|
|On/After Sept. 15||Board of Directors select any unfilled positions at next meeting|
ApplyApplication for Region 4 At-Large Director Seat
- The Leadership Identification Committee will review your candidate application and verify the information within. They may also request an interview or permission to conduct a background check.
- The Leadership Identification Committee will endorse a slate of candidates for consideration by the board of directors. If not slated, qualified candidates may secure five director signatures for ballot placement.
- The board of directors will certify or vote to fill the open director positions.
Email CEO Mark Fisher or call/text 317-408-7822
Email Senior Vice President Kathy Harbaugh or call/text 765-461-3446