Love Real Estate?
The Indiana Association of REALTORS® is looking for candidates to serve on the recently restructured board of directors. This spring (2021), current board members approved a bold governance reform plan intended to help IAR keep up with the rapid pace of change in the real estate industry. Among the changes are:
- A significant reduction in board size to enhance effectiveness
- A streamlined selection process focused on industry experience and leadership potential
In sum, we want members steeped in the business – those who have made real estate a career, have deep leadership experience, and are highly regarded by peers for their integrity and commitment to the Code of Ethics. Most importantly, we want members who can think and act broadly on behalf of the entire industry. That is because, at IAR, we serve 19,000+ across the state regardless of specialty, location, company, or local association.
The board of directors is an oversight and strategic planning body. Your job will be to dream big while ensuring IAR is a good steward of dues dollars and other assets. In return, you will connect with interesting, influential people, stretch your emotional and intellectual muscles, and acquire skills helpful to your own business and other non-profit organizations you love.
Got time? Willing to share your experience? Ready to make a positive impact on your industry and keep your state association working for members? Download the candidate informational booklet above.
Due by 6:00 p.m. ET on June 1, 2021
[Regional At-Large Seats – Application Available July 1, 2021]
Due by 6:00 p.m. ET on August 1, 2021
- The Leadership Identification Committee will review your candidate application and verify the information within. They may also request an interview or permission to conduct a background check.
- The Leadership Identification Committee will endorse a slate of candidates for consideration by the board of directors. If not slated, qualified candidates may secure five director signatures for ballot placement.
- The board of directors will certify or vote to fill the open director positions.
Email CEO Karl Berron or call/text 317-440-0245
Email Senior Vice President Kathy Harbaugh or call/text 765-461-3446