May 16, 2019
Please join the IAR Text Club. We’ll send schedule changes and reminders this way. Opt-in is the same 3 steps as in the past. You must join the text club even if you have done so in prior years. We wipe the text club clean each year to prevent being labeled a spammer and losing our group texting ability.
- Text DC to 71813.
- If you have done step #1 correctly you will get a confirmation text asking you to reply with the capital letter Y and your home zip code. Example, Y46204.
- If you have done step #2 correctly you will get a welcome text and you’re all set.
Information about President Trump’s Visit
*IMPORTANT* The Secret Service has informed NAR that members attending the President’s Address tomorrow will need to show an ID that matches their conference badge for entry.
From: National Association of REALTORS® – May 15, 2019
- The President’s address will start at 2:00pm on Friday, May 17 in the Marriott Ballroom at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. Entry to the Ballroom will be on the Mezzanine Level, not the Lobby Level.
- The doors on the Mezzanine Level will open at 11:00am; all attendees will be required to go through metal detectors. The Secret Service will be overseeing security screening. Attendees are not permitted to line up before Friday morning.
- Only registered members with a conference attendee badge are permitted to attend; no guests are allowed inside the room. Entry is first come, first served; seating is limited due to security. Attendees must follow seating directions by security when inside room.
- No saving of place in the security line or saving of seats inside the ballroom will be allowed.
- Mobile phones and compact cameras are allowed. No laptops or other devices will be permitted.
- The following items are prohibited:
- Ammunition and firearms
- Animals other than service/guide animals
- Backpacks and large bags (small bags are permitted)
- Balloons, signs, posters
- Food and drinks (water stations will be available)
- Glass, thermal or metal containers
- Laser Pointers
- Mace/pepper spray
- Selfie Sticks
- Toy guns
- Weapons of any kind
- Any other items determined to be a potential safety hazard
- Surrendered items will not be returned.
- No items may be distributed to other attendees waiting in line.
- Once you get in the security line, if you exit the line for any reason, you will need to go to the back of the line. There are no exceptions.
- Once you go through metal detectors and enter the ballroom, if you leave for any reason, you will need to go to the back of the line and may not be able to reenter if the room reaches capacity. After 1:30pm, all reentry will be prohibited. There are no exceptions.
- The President’s address will be live streamed at https://www.nar.realtor/realtors-legislative-meetings-livestream (live at 1:30pm on Friday) and in onsite overflow rooms: Thurgood Marshall SW in the Marriott and Regency Ballroom in the Omni. The event will also be streamed at WhiteHouse.gov.
- Please be aware that the Park Tower elevator in the Marriott across the street from the Omni will be unavailable Friday morning from 6:00am until after the President’s address. The Marriott can be accessed at the 24th Street entrance or the hotel’s front entrance.
- Schedule and room location changes to meetings on Friday have been updated on the app and at Legislative.realtor. The app (NAR Legislative) is the best resource onsite for the current schedule and room locations. Following is a high level list of changes:
- State Caucuses have either been cancelled or moved to earlier in the day; please contact your state representative for details.
- Regional Caucuses will take place as scheduled after the address; Region 13 is moved to Marshall Thurgood NE.
- Your NAR Your Way has moved to Thursday from 3:30-5:00pm.
- Association Management Roundtables, Local President/President-Elect Roundtables, State Presidents/State Presidents-Elect Information Exchange, and Mediation/Ombudsman Information Exchange have been cancelled.
- The three Leadership Express Sessions originally scheduled on Friday afternoon have been moved up to Friday morning, 9:00-10:30am.Contact CONVINFO@realtors.org with any questions.Thank you for making this a secure and smooth event. Please be respectful to each other and all of our guests and attendees.
Contact CONVINFO@realtors.org with any questions.
Thank you for making this a secure and smooth event. Please be respectful to each other and all of our guests and attendees.
IAR’s event is open to all Indiana REALTORS® and their guests. No need to RSVP.
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Smithsonian National Postal Museum
2 Massachusetts Ave NE
Washington, DC 20002
Congressional Meeting Schedule
Updated May 16 at 11:11am.
Congressional Meeting Talking PointsView/Download
Congressional Housing Data Reports
IN-01 | Representative Pete Visclosky
IN-02 | Representative Jackie Walorski
IN-03 | Representative Jim Banks
IN-04 | Representative Jim Baird
IN-05 | Representative Susan Brooks
IN-06 | Representative Greg Pence
IN-07 | Representative Andre Carson
IN-08 | Representative Larry Bucshon
IAR Staff Contacts
Maggie McShane: email@example.com or (317) 408-3896 mobile/text
Anne Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 408-3282 mobile/text
Ben Breymier: email@example.com or (317) 607-2500 mobile/text