Members of the Indiana Association of REALTORS® will now receive a 12-hour online continuing education package each year at no additional cost. The package will come from IAR’s school, the Real Estate Certification Program, and will fulfill both Broker and Managing Broker CE requirements from the state of Indiana. This year (2020-2021), the package will also include the Code of Ethics training hours required by the National Association of REALTORS® and due by December 31, 2021. We plan to include ethics training in the annual CE package often enough so that members always have a one-stop option for their education.
Attention New Brokers: You do not need to complete CE during the first two years you are licensed. See what you need to do instead.
How-To: Access Your IAR Member Benefit CE
- Visit RECP.org – we strongly recommend using Google Chrome as your Internet browser.
- Click “Course Login” in the upper right corner.
- If you are a past RECP student, login as normal. Your user name is your email address and you can click on “Forgot Password?” if you need to.
- If you are a brand new RECP student, we have created an account for you. Your user name is the email address we used for this message. Click on “Forgot Password” to reset and proceed.
- Once logged in, go to “My Account” in the upper right corner and choose “Registrations” from the drop-down menu. You should see the following title, which is the current 12-hour package: 12-Hour BROKER Continuing Education OnDemand 2021. Click “Access Course” to the right of the title.
- Now, you should see the three different courses that make up the 12-hour package:
- ADA, Animals & Rights, Oh My! (4 hours)
- Access Denied – Safety in a Cyber World (4 hours, approved for both Brokers and Managing Brokers)
- Benefits of Dispute Resolution (4 hours, approved for both Brokers and Managing Brokers and REALTOR® Code of Ethics training due December 31, 2021)
- Click “Launch” next to the title of the course you want to begin.
- Need help logging in? An email to RECP staff is your best and fastest bet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need to complete the three courses in a certain order? No. You may complete the courses in any order.
- Do I need to finish a course all in one sitting? No. You may stop and start the courses whenever and as often as you need. Logout to ensure your progress is saved.
- I have already earned some CE for the 2020-2021 year. Do I need to complete all the IAR Member Benefit CE courses to earn any hours through this program? No. You may complete just one or two courses to earn the hours you need. But you must complete the entire four (4) hours of a course to receive a certificate of completion.
- When can I expect my certificate of completion(s)? Immediately so long as you pass the assessment at the end of the course and fully complete the survey that follows. You can also access them any time in your RECP account. Remember, you do not need to submit them to the state of Indiana. You only need to save the certificate(s) in case of audit.
- Do I have to complete my CE online? No, but IAR Member Benefit CE is online only. Check with your local association, MIBOR division, or broker/member school for in-person classes.
- Do I have to complete my CE through IAR/RECP? Of course not, but Member Benefit CE is included in your IAR dues. The only requirement is that you complete your CE through a state-approved provider with state-approved curriculum. There are many choices.
Reminders: General CE & Licensing Requirements
- All Indiana-licensed Real Estate Brokers must complete 12 CE hours each year. From a state-approved school with state-approved curriculum. The exception is for newly licensed brokers (see next section).
- A year in CE terms is a fiscal year or July 1 to June 30.
- For Managing Brokers, four (4) of every 12 CE hours must be special curriculum determined by the state. IAR/RECP will always include that in our annual member benefit CE package.
- You do not need to submit your certificate(s) of completion to the state, just save them in case of audit.
- The license renewal cycle is three years. The next deadline is June 30, 2023.
Important Info for New Brokers
You do not need to complete CE during the first two years you are licensed. Instead, you need to complete a 30-hour post-licensing course during this time. Here is a chart that shows the deadline for your post-licensing course and when you need to begin completing CE. You renew your license on the same cycle as all Brokers, which is every three (3) years. The next license renewal deadline is June 30, 2023.
Email RECP with your education and licensing questions.