Members of the Indiana Association of REALTORS® receive a 12-hour online continuing education package each year at no additional cost. The package comes from IAR’s school, the Real Estate Certification Program (RECP), and will fulfill both Broker and Managing Broker CE requirements from the state of Indiana. This year (2023-2024), the package will also include the Code of Ethics training hours required by the National Association of REALTORS®. Ethics training is due by December 31, 2024, and every three years thereafter. IAR/RECP plan to include ethics training in the annual CE package often enough so that members always have a one-stop option for their education.
Attention New Brokers: You do not need to complete CE during the first two years you are licensed. See what you need to do instead and when the annual CE requirement begins for you.
How-To: Access Your IAR Member Benefit CE
If you have never had an RECP account or have not logged in for a while, contact our school – the Real Estate Certification Program – to get your login credentials. Simply email RECP or call 800-742-4067. Mondays through Fridays, RECP is open 9am to 5pm ET. Be sure to include your full name in an email. This will help us serve you faster. Please do not create a new account.
Once you have your login credentials, here are the instructions to access your Member Benefit CE:
- Start at our school’s website – Login to RECP
- Enter your username (typically your email address) and password and click “Login.”
Please do not create a new account or pay for CE.
- Once you are logged in, you will be on the “Registrations” page. Look for the 2022 CE package and click “Access Course” to the right side of the listing.
- Start one of the four 2023-2024 courses!
Email RECP staff for help logging in or call 1-800-742-4067. Please do not create a new account or pay for CE.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need to complete the three courses in a certain order? No. You may complete the courses in any order.
- Do I need to finish a course all in one sitting? No. You may stop and start the courses whenever and as often as you need. Logout to ensure your progress is saved.
- I have already earned some CE for the 2023-2024 year. Do I need to complete all the IAR Member Benefit CE courses to earn any hours through this program? No. You may complete just one or two courses to earn the hours you need. But you must complete the entire four (4) hours of a course to receive a certificate of completion.
- When can I expect my certificate of completion(s)? Immediately so long as you pass the assessment at the end of the course and fully complete the survey that follows. You can also access them any time in your RECP account. Remember, you do not need to submit them to the state of Indiana. You only need to save the certificate(s) in case of audit.
- Do I have to complete my CE online? No, but IAR Member Benefit CE is online only. Check with your local association, MIBOR division, or broker/member school for in-person classes.
- Do I have to complete my CE through IAR/RECP? Of course not, but Member Benefit CE is included in your IAR dues. The only requirement is that you complete your CE through a state-approved provider with state-approved curriculum. There are many choices.
Reminders: General CE & Licensing Requirements
- All Indiana-licensed Real Estate Brokers must complete 12 CE hours each year. From a state-approved school with state-approved curriculum. The exception is for newly licensed brokers (see next section).
- A year in CE terms is a fiscal year or July 1 to June 30.
- For Managing Brokers, four (4) of every 12 CE hours must be special curriculum determined by the state. IAR/RECP will always include that in our annual member benefit CE package.
- You do not need to submit your certificate(s) of completion to the state, just save them in case of audit.
- The license renewal cycle is three years. The next deadline is June 30, 2023.
Important Info for New Brokers
You do not need to complete CE during the first two years you are licensed. Instead, you need to complete a 30-hour post-licensing course during this time. Here is a chart that shows the deadline for your post-licensing course and when you need to begin completing CE. You renew your license on the same cycle as all Brokers, which is every three (3) years. The next license renewal deadline is June 30, 2026.
Email RECP with your education and licensing questions.